Elegance and family-friendly design come together in one convenient package with the 2017 Kia Sedona minivan. This exceptional family vehicle has received the best-possible safety rating from the IIHS, and we’re here to share with you what makes this minivan stand out from the competition. Check out the updates to the safety features list in the 2017 Kia Sedona, available today at Palmen Kia of Kenosha.
2017 Kia Sedona IIHS Safety Rating
The IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) thoroughly tested the 2017 Kia Sedona minivan and awarded it the Top Safety Pick+. The addition of the Autonomous Emergency Braking safety feature make the 2017 Kia Sedona stand out, as it allowed the Sedona to achieve a “good” rating in five crashworthiness tests.
In these tests, the IIHS creates crash scenarios to see how a vehicle performs in worst-case situations. The 2017 Kia Sedona scored well in small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side impact, roof strength, and head restraints, and an even higher “superior” in the front crash prevention tests.
Upgraded Safety for 2017 Kia Sedona Family
The 2017 Kia Sedona came with a host of upgraded safety features, most of which were a part of the reason why the Sedona was given a 5-star safety rating.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) is added to the available Advanced Driver Assist System (ADAS). Other systems already included are Blind-Spot Detection (BSD), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane Departure Warning (LDWS), and Smart Cruise Control (SCC).
- UVO e-Services system with smartphone connectivity via Apple CarPlay or Android5 Auto
- A navigation system with either a 7” or 8” display screen
- Dynamic Bending Light (DBL) technology is combined with an upgraded High-Intensity-Discharge headlight system for better nighttime visibility.
- The enhanced Essentials Premium Package was upgraded to include Front and Rear Park Assist, Smart Key, UVO with a rear camera display, and leather trim.
- A new available Acoustic Windshield makes for a quiet, peaceful cabin.
- A new front passenger’s seat power adjustment switch is also available.
- New premium stainless steel second-row door steps are standard on SXL models.