Kia Models with CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) Options
More and more modern vehicles have CVTs, which are continuously variable transmissions. So, what are continuously variable transmissions and which Kia models have them?
What is a CVT and How Does it Work?
Continuously variable transmissions are automatic transmissions that can change seamlessly through gears. Compared to conventional automatic transmissions, CVTs provide drivers with quicker shifting and acceleration, are lighter in weight, and are promoted as being far more reliable and durable in terms of longevity.
Which Kia Models Have CVTs (Continuously Variable Transmissions)?
The following current year Kia models have a CVT as a standard or optional transmission option:
- 2020 Kia Rio Sedan and Hatchback
- 2020 Kia Forte Compact Sedan
- 2020 Kia Soul CUV
- 2021 Kia Seltos Compact SUV
Which Kia Models DO NOT Have CVTs (Continuously Variable Transmissions)?
The following current year Kia models DO NOT have a CVT as a standard or optional transmission option:
- 2020 Kia Optima Midsize Sedan
- 2020 Kia Optima Hybrid Midsize Sedan
- 2020 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid Midsize Sedan
- 2020 Kia Stinger Sports Sedan
- 2019 Kia Cadenza Premium Sedan
- 2020 Kia K900 Luxury Sedan
- 2020 Kia Sportage Compact SUV
- 2020 Kia Niro Hybrid Compact SUV
- 2020 Kia Niro Plug-In Hybrid Compact SUV
- 2019 Kia Niro EV Compact SUV
- 2020 Kia Sorento Midsize SUV
- 2020 Kia Telluride Midsize SUV
- 2020 Kia Sedona Minivan
Test Drive a Kia Model with a CVT in Kenosha, WI
Drivers in the area can schedule a test drive appointment with a Kia Rio, Kia Forte, Kia Soul, or Kia Seltos model to see how a continuously variable transmission handles on the road. For more information, browse through our online inventory, continue to read our blog, and contact us here at Palmen Kia in Kenosha, Wisconsin.