2017 Kia Sportage Recommended Tire Pressure
The 2017 Kia Sportage is spacious and sporty. It has a sleek exterior design that shows off its athleticism with a wide stance and responsive handling. The inside of the Sportage is comfortable, offering plenty of technology and amenities to keep passengers relaxed and connected on the road ahead. Let’s learn about tire pressure and the recommended tire pressure in your Sportage!
Read More: 2017 Kia Sportage Safety Features
Why is tire pressure important?
Many people don’t pay attention to the health of their tires until something goes wrong, but regular maintenance and upkeep of your tires can keep the overall health of your vehicle up. If your tires are underinflated, then you risk wearing out your outer tread faster, adding stress to your suspension and making it more difficult to maintain control of your vehicle. Overinflated tires wear out the inner tread faster, making them more susceptible to popping. In the 2017 Kia Sportage, the recommended tire pressure is 35 PSI.
How do I check the tire pressure in my Sportage?
To check the tire pressure in your Kia Sportage, follow these steps:
- Remove the end caps on your tires’ air valves and put in a safe place
- Place the tire pressure gauge into the valve stem and press down to get a reading
- Compare the valve reading to your Sportage’s recommended tire pressure of 35 PSI:
- If your tire pressure is too low, fill your tire with air until you reach 35 PSI
- If your tire pressure is too high, push in the valve to let out some air
- Replace the end caps on your tires’ air valves
That’s all there is to it! If your Sportage is in need of service, you can set up a service appointment with us online today!